1. The Mughal emperor, Shah Jahan built TajMahal.
2. It was started in 1632 and is believed to have been completed entirely in 1653.
3. Ustad Ahmad Lahauri was its chief architect.
4. Approximately 22years it took to be completed.
5. Building cost estimated at the time to be around 32 million rupees, which in 2015 would be approximately 52.8 billion rupees (US$827 million).
6. About 20,000 workers had worked to be completed it and no historical evidences shows that they were slave.
7. Shah Jahan built Taj Mahal in the memory of his wife Mumtaz, a Persian princess who died giving birth to their 14th child, Gauhara Begum.