top button
Flag Notify
    Connect to us
      Site Registration

Site Registration

What is another name for a tidal wave?

+2 votes
posted May 20, 2017 by Alivia Clark

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button LinkedIn Share Button

1 Answer

+2 votes
Best answer

A storm surge is other name for tidal surge.
"Tidal wave" was used in earlier times to describe what we now call a Tsunami. Although a tsunami and a tidal wave are two different and unrelated phenomena.
A tidal wave is a shallow water wave caused by the gravitational interactions between the Sun, Moon, and Earth.

answer Aug 30, 2017 by Paxton Brown