1) Shreya Ghoshal started learning Music at the age of 4, she started learning music, mainly Bengali songs, from her first Guru her mother. She gave her first stage performance at their club’s annual function.
2) She is a Bengali, was born in Baharampur, West Bengal.
3) She received training in playback singing from Padmashree Late Kalyanji Bhai at later stage. After shifting to Mumbai she continued her training in Classical Hindustani Music with Late Mukta Bhideji.
4) After her first break in Devdas, she been continuously working and recording songs with many music directors. She has recorded film songs not only in Hindi but also in Assamesse, Bengali, Bhojpuri, Gujrarati, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Nepali, Oriya, Tamil, Telegu, etc.
5) She was once was a contestant and after few year she became a judge in a child contestant in Musical Talent Show “Voice Of India – Chhote Ustad”.
6) Shreya is only singer to get four national awards at the age of 26 in bollywood.
7) Shreya is currently planning her M.A. degree in literature.
8) Shreya enjoys Symphony and instrumental in western music and her favourite is ABBA group.
9) Her first TV performance followed by a programme called “Awaz Nayi Andaz Wohi” in EL TV. This was her first experience in studio recording.
10) 26th June is celebrated as “Shreya Ghoshal Day.