Sairat is the highest grossing Marathi Film yet. And why shouldn’t it be? It’s amazing to see the Marathi Film Industry do quality cinema. It is about a boy from a lower-caste who falls in love with the daughter of an upper-caste politician. This leads to a lot of conflict because of the socio-political conditions around them and the entire film revolves around how they escaped it.
Here are the 7 best facts you didn’t know about this film that will totally change the way you look at Marathi Cinema and the future of the Indian Film Industry!
1. The lead of the film, Rinku Rajguru, received a National Award for her performance in Sairat, She’s only 14-years-old.
2. The film performed so well in Satara, Maharashtra, that they had to add extra screens and play a special 3 AM show to cater to the audience!
3. Sairat received a standing ovation at the 66th Berlin International Film Festival.
4. After the success of the film, all the employees who worked on-set were paid extra from the profits. The actors receive 5 Crores each.
5. Sairat earned 65 Crores in just three weeks at the box-office (with nominal screens), making it the most fastest and highest grossing Marathi films ever!
6. The interval of the film comes after 2 hours. The last half of the film is only 44 minutes short.
7. Sairat is the first Indian film to record its music in Hollywood’s Sony Scoring Stage, California.