At the heart of marketing lies the degree to which an organisation becomes marketing-orientated. The more committed a company is to its marketing activities, the more able it will be to pursue its corporate objectives and develop and retain customers. Every business in existence relies upon its customers for survival, and those who best meet customer needs will always survive a period of change.
The marketing function is therefore an essential ingredient of corporate strategy, and this marketing focus should be communicated through marketing planning into all aspects of business activity. Below are eight steps that get started in brainstorming marketing ideas that could make a significant difference in the organization.
- Define target market, research similar organizations and associations.
- Determine the desired outcome of marketing efforts.
- Develop brochures and marketing materials that describe the benefits, services, donation opportunities, and values of organization.
- Develop a social media marketing strategy.
- Develop and maintain a professional internet marketing presence by creating a web site.
- Research and maintain Company prospect and customer databases.Use them for special mailings, follow-up telephone calls, event invitations, alliance development, research profiling, and market segmentation.
- Show and advertise the results and objectives that an organization achieves.
- Always actively search for alliances with other organizations, commerce, government, advertising media, and business.
These steps brings the most benefit to nonprofit organizations.