A material requisition note or material requisition form is a statement or lists of the items to be issued / picked from inventory and used in the production process or in the provision of a service to a customer, usually for a specific job.
The form usually has three purposes:
- To pick items from stock
- To relieve the inventory records in the amount of the items picked
- To charge the targeted job for the cost of the items requisitioned
The form can also be used as the basis for the reordering of any inventory items that are not currently in stock.
The information most commonly found on a material requisition form includes:
- Header section: Job number to be charged
- Header section: Date of requisition
- Header section: Date by which inventory is required
- Main body: Item number or description to be pulled from stock
- Main body: Unit quantity to be pulled from stock
- Footer section: Authorization signature line
If the materials are to be delivered to a specific location, there may also be space in the header in which to identify the delivery location.