top button
Flag Notify
    Connect to us
      Facebook Login
      Site Registration

Facebook Login
Site Registration

What shall be the rate for Goods Transport Agency Services in GST?

+1 vote
41 views
What shall be the rate for Goods Transport Agency Services in GST?
posted Jan 3, 2018 by Pooja

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button LinkedIn Share Button

1 Answer

0 votes

As per notification no. 11/2017 (Central tax) dated 28.06.2017 vide entry no. 9(iii) rate of central tax on Services of goods transport agency (GTA) in relation to transportation of goods (including household goods for personal use) is 2.5%, We understand that rate of SGST will also be 2.5%. Thus the Total rate will be 5%.

Furthermore, loading and unloading services may be treated as supporting services in GTA, (Kindly refer entry no 11 of notification no. 11/2017 (Central tax) dated 28/01/2017). Provided that the central rate of supporting services of GTA is 2.5% which is similar to GTA Services.

In view of the above GTA & its supporting services i.e. loading and unloading are covered under 5% slab.

answer Jan 4, 2018 by Ananya Saha
Contact Us
+91 9880187415
sales@queryhome.net
support@queryhome.net
#280, 3rd floor, 5th Main
6th Sector, HSR Layout
Bangalore-560102
Karnataka INDIA.
QUERY HOME
...