A power of attorney is a legal document that allows you to appoint another person to take control of your affairs should you become unable to effectively do so. The person appointed becomes the agent, or attorney-in-fact, and the person who appoints is known as the principal.
There are various types of powers of attorney and the one that you choose depends on the requirements of your current situation.
- Non-Durable Power of Attorney
- Durable Power of Attorney
- Special or Limited Power of Attorney
- Medical Power of Attorney
- Springing Power of Attorney